Tuesday 15 July 2014

... because we still Remember and we still Believe #bringbackourgirls

I stumbled on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, a dream that can come true for me- to be able to tutor under one of the world's best makeup artist Buntricia Bastian- at the 4 days makeup skills boot-camp in Lagos. So I entered for the "Buntricia's Journey to Nigeria Global Makeup Competition" that will qualify me to go on to the next level.
Entering for the competition, I wanted my submission to be more than just a pretty face. I needed it to be a message, to speak and impact lives but more than anything, to fight for a cause. Recently, 57 Chibok girls escaped from their captors, Boko Haram, who kidnapped over 200 girls and I knew that I had to support this cause.

I wanted to do more than just tweet the #bringbackourgirls but I didn't know how but with this competition, I knew that this was my chance to make a difference and show my support in the way that I know how- Makeup Art. It's 91 days today and some of the girls are still missing. I don't even want to imagine or think of what they are going through or being subjected to. Their lives have been changed forever and as a woman who was once a girl and who has gone through some live challenges not EVEN close to theirs, I pray for healing for their body, their soul and their heart.


This makeup competition entry is inspired by the Chibok Girls and a support to the 57 girls that have escaped. Because I still Remember, I still Believe, I still Hope that soon, very soon, our girls will be back home, ALIVE and SAFE.
For Our Girls...

No comments: